Clorox Disinfecting Wipes basically contain: water, Substratem Hexoxyethanol, Alkyl C12-18 Dimethylbenzyl Ammonium Chloride, Alkyl C12-14 Dimethylethylbenzyl Ammonium Chloride, C12-14 Alcohols Ethoxylated Propoxylated, Isopropanol, Sodium Bicarbonate among some other ingredients such as fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate ( …
What percentage of alcohol is in Clorox wipes?
Each contains 70-to-75% isopropyl alcohol and is great for disinfecting anything from your fingers, to your phone, to a thermometer.
Are Clorox wipes alcohol free?
It is the only germicidal wipe effective against the human Hepatitis B virus. EPA registered; meets CDC and OSHA guidelines. A Quaternary/alcohol-free formula ideal for the disinfection of alcohol sensitive, hard, non porous surfaces and equipment.
What are the ingredients in Clorox disinfecting wipes?
- ALKYL DIMETHYL BENZYL AMMONIUM CHLORIDE (C14 60%, C16 30%, C12 5%, C18 5%) …
- ALKYL DIMETHYL ETHYLBENZYL AMMONIUM CHLORIDE (C12-14) …
- ALKYL DIMETHYL ETHYLBENZYL AMMONIUM CHLORIDES (C12-18) …
- ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL.
Does Clorox wipe contain alcohol?
Yes, there is a form of alcohol in these wipes. Isopropyl alcohol is a known ingredient that helps to disinfect surfaces when cleaning. While it may sound bad to have alcohol as an active ingredient, it really is not too terrible for your health.
Why are Clorox wipes dangerous?
They’re cheap, appealing and easy to find. While cleaning removes germs from a surface, disinfecting kills them by using antimicrobial pesticides, such as quaternary ammonium compounds or “quats.” … These disinfectant chemicals trigger asthma, allergies and other health concerns.
Should you wash your hands after using Clorox wipes?
And, many popular disinfectant wipes contain some pretty harsh chemicals that can cause other acute side effects like skin and eye irritation. There’s a reason that the fine print on the package frequently recommends that you wash your hands immediately after use!
What can I use instead of Clorox wipes?
3 Disinfectants You Can Use If You Can’t Find Clorox Wipes
- Any product that says “disinfectant” on the label, and includes an EPA registration number.
- Diluted Household Bleach.
- Rubbing Alcohol (aka Isoproyl Alcohol)
Where can I order disinfecting wipes?
- Walmart: shop disinfecting wipes.
- CVS: shop disinfecting wipes.
- Office Depot: shop disinfecting wipes.
- Home Depot: shop disinfecting wipes.
- Walgreens: shop disinfecting wipes.
How do you disinfect with Clorox wipes?
- To disinfect: Use on hard, nonporous surfaces. Wipe surface to be disinfected. Use enough wipes for treated surface to remain visibly wet for 4 minutes. …
- To sanitize and deodorize: Use on hard, nonporous non-food contact surfaces. Wipe surface.
Do Lysol disinfecting wipes have bleach in them?
Our cleaning wipes are bleach-free and can be used freely around your home or office—and even on the go. Don’t just take care of tough stains in the kitchen, kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria left by raw and spoiled food. Lysol® cleaning wipes even kill Salmonella and E. coli.
Does anyone have Clorox wipes available?
FIRST RESPONDERS AND HEALTHCARE ONLY – Clorox wipes are in stock at Staples, but only available to order if you work in a healthcare or first response role. If that’s you, you can order a 225-wipe pack of these bleach-free, all-purpose, disposable cleaning wipes right now.
What are Clorox wipes good for?
Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes kill 99.9% of germs including viruses that cause colds and flu. * Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes are also effective against common bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus (Staph), Salmonella enterica, and E. coli.
Can you use Clorox wipes on toilet seat?
Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes are also a convenient way to quickly and easily disinfect toilet handles, seats, bathroom sinks, showers and bathtubs and the exterior base of the toilet, but not the bowl interior. Use a fresh wipe to disinfect surfaces.
How do you buy Clorox wipes?
Clorox Wipes — Quick links
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Amazon.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Target.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Newegg.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Staples.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Lowe’s.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Office Depot.