Just get yourself a clean spray bottle and add 1 cup of plain water and 1 cup of rubbing alcohol. If you want to up the antibacterial properties, you can add in about 20 to 30 drops of a powerful essential oil like lavender or tea tree, both have antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Can I put alcohol in liquid soap?
Isopropyl Alcohol or Rubbing Alcohol, as it is commonly known, has many uses. For the soap maker it is most useful when spritzing your newly poured melt and pour soaps. Helping to remove surface bubbles, but it is also a powerful solvent with many useful applications.
What can I add to liquid soap to make it antibacterial?
Antibacterial DIY Liquid Hand Soap
- Add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and a quarter cup of castile soap to a dispenser.
- Drop in about 15-20 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Fill the rest with distilled or boiled water.
- Twist on the cap and start washing your hands.
- Optional: add 5-10 drops of essential oil for scent.
How much alcohol do you add to liquid hand soap?
You’ll need a mixing bowl, spoon, funnel, a two-ounce spray bottle or liquid soap container and something to label your concoction with. Here’s what they recommend you use: ⅔ cup of rubbing alcohol. ⅓ cup of aloe vera gel.
How do you make liquid hand sanitizer?
- 1 cup of 91% isopropyl alcohol.
- ½ cup of aloe vera gel (natural or store-bought)
- 15 drops of tea tree oil (or another antibacterial essential oil)
How do you make homemade hand sanitizer?
How To Make Homemade Hand Sanitizer
- ⅔ cup of rubbing alcohol.
- ⅓ cup of aloe vera.
- 5 -10 drops of essential oil (optional)
How do you make antibacterial body wash?
Add 3 tbsp. liquid Castile soap for your soap base, followed by 1 tsp. glycerin and 6 drops tea tree oil. The glycerin gives your liquid soap a moisturizing component and tea tree oil adds a natural antibacterial, antiseptic quality.
How do you make antibacterial foaming hand soap?
- pure water preferably soft.
- 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap such as Dr. Bronner’s.
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon liquid oil such as olive, almond, avocado, or grapeseed.
- 10 to 15 drops anti-bacterial essential oil such as lavender, peppermint or blend.
Can you put liquid hand sanitizer in a soap dispenser?
Yes. You can put hand sanitizer in this soap dispenser.
Is hand sanitizer the same as antibacterial soap?
Soaps and sanitizers serve different purposes. While washing with soap and water will remove both soils and germs, and an antibacterial soap will provide additional germ-killing protection, hand sanitizers are only effective at killing germs, not removing soils.
How can I make my hand sanitizer thicker?
- In a small/nonreactive bowl, combine alcohol and aloe vera gel until well mixed (for thicker sanitizer, add an additional tablespoon of aloe vera gel), then stir in tea tree oil. …
- Use a funnel to transfer sanitizer to a glass bottle with a spray or pump top.
What can I use instead of hand sanitizer?
5 alternatives to hand sanitizer that are just as efficient
- Byredo Rose Rinse-Free Hand Wash.
- Aloe Vesta No Rinse Cleansing Foam.
- XFBEV 200 Proof Organic Xtractor.
- Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes.
- Mr. Clean Deep Cleaning Mist.